Re: [AMC-List] Choke thermostat heater tube

Re: [AMC-List] Choke thermostat heater tube

A: In the Help! section of most auto parts stores there is a kit, but it may be going away soon, so I would grab it while you can. NAPA recently dumped about 1/2 of what we had and we no longer have catalogs for the leftovers. (the young punks throw away the "old and useless" books because some of the parts are no longer available, but they were the only way we could find what was still on the spinning tree!)
Beck Arnley has gone away and will be replaced with Alltrom parts. We are mid change at my store and while the new stuff is coming, it's not in the computer or not in the warehouse yet, but the old stuff became special order or obsolete.

From: Sly Rose <sly@xxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [AMC-List] Choke thermostat heater tube To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx Message-ID: <445909D1.8070001@xxxxxxxxxxx> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed

Hi All,

I was replacing my carb the other day and I broke the carb where
the
heater tube attaches for the choke.  The threaded mounting stud
of the
carb broke off inside the heater tube threads.

What can I do to get a heater tube mounted to my new carb?
Where does
one find the right choke heater tube?

Thanks!

Sly