Re: [AMC-List] Paint Job or Snow Job?

Kim,

First, had I been in your place that day, I might have made
it about midway through your chat with the guy before I took
one step back and swiftly introduced my boot to his jewels.

The good thing is, he is assured that Legendary's reputation
remains solid in that the owner hates AMCs and caters only
to the MMTB crowd. They truly are legends in their own minds.
Pompous jerks catering to pompous jerks. He said it all with
the lottery comment- 'when you are so rich that your brain shuts
off, come back and we'll be happy to screw you out of all the
money we can. Heck, it's our speciality! We do it everyday!'

As for your car, you are a 'restorer'. As such, you don't
need the 'over-restored' work they do, where they make the car
far more straight and smooth than it ever was when new. You
will easily find someone to properly RESTORE your car's finish
for the $3000-$5000 mentioned, and the $3000 is likely very
doable. Make the rounds, talk to show car owners, and try to
find the guy who's willing to take it as a side job on HIS
schedule...'when he can get to it between other work'. The
more flexible you are, the lower the price you can get. You'll
also save big by removing all the trim parts yourself. Less
for them to remove, work around and/or mask off....all labor.

John W Rosa
www.JavelinAMX.com