[AMC-List] 64 Rambler Classic Progress Report (cont'd).

[AMC-List] 64 Rambler Classic Progress Report (cont'd).

When we last left poor Joe and his 64 Classic with the
noisy engine, several listers had given him good
suggestions of what to do next.

Tonight I had time to pull the valve cover and observe
that all of the push rods were in place and the valve
train looked normal.  I turned the engine over with my
remote starter switch first and did not hear the noise
in the bottom of the engine, so I turned on the
ignition and started it.

There appears to be no oil getting to the valve train
and of course the valve clattering did not subside.
The oil pressure idiot light did go out when the
engine started.  I then drained the oil and plan to
pull the oil pan next to inspect the oil pickup and
oil pump.

I hope to get a resolution on this problem on
Saturday.

Regards,
Joe Fulton