From: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxx [mailto:amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of William Renshaw
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 11:16 AM
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AMC-List] Shipping COSTS!!??

Has anyone encountered the cost of shipping something?? I have someone
who wants the grille off of this Matador that I am parting out. Last
week I went to a local bodie shop and found this really bigassedbox. The
gille fit and so did all the rest of the parts this guy wants to
purchase. It weighed only
34 pounds and UPS wanted 125 bucks to ship! They said it was the size of
the box. SO.... I found a smaller box but had to make an end cap. The
grille stuck out about 3 inches on one end and I wasnt able to fit any
of the other parts this guy wants. I went back to the same UPS shipping
office.....got the same quote on shipping...125 bucks!! The box went
from 34 pounds to 14 pounds and the cost was the same. I went to the
post office and they want 85 bucks for a parcel post. Is there any other
way to ship?  What am I sapposed to do?? I dont want to seem like I am
scammin' the guy on shipping, but that is astronomical for shipping.
Anyone have any ideas on how to ship somthing with out paying an
outrageous costs? Its got me kind of frustrated to say the least. Any
responce will be greatly appreciated!!

Bill Renshaw Lewiston Idaho
AKA Brother B.
AMC'S RULE.....the rest just drool like the dogs they are.
1973 Gremlin X "clone" (project)
1970 Original Hornet "plain jane"
1974 Matador Coupe "Parts car"