Re: [AMC-list] Fw: Drilling amc strut rod bracket.

Re: [AMC-list] Fw: Drilling amc strut rod bracket.

Eric,

I languished over this exact problem when I was in th eprocess of converting th ewhite Javelin to a T5 manual. I know where you are coming from on this. I got lucky and found a bracket with the hole for the clutch linkage though so I didn't have to drill. However I did compare the two brackets and,

Yes drill the bracket, that's the only difference between a strut rod bracket for an auto and one for a manual trans. The location of the hole is approximately 2-3/4 iinches below the top bracket mounting hole, center to center, and approximately 7/8 inch from the back of the bracket to the center line of the hole.

If the bracket was off the car I could give you dead on measurements, I think these are pretty close. You could check by placing the clutch Z bar in position and determine if it looks "true" with the world and compare the spot on the strut rod where
the ball of the Z bar touches.

Hope this helps,

Armand