----- Original Message -----
From: Erik Windfeld    erikswindfeld@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Eddie,

Really appreciate your website. I've used it many times in my adventures with restoring/modifying my 1977 Hornet hatchback.

I have question for which I can't seem to find an answer anywhere else. I'm converting from auto to four speed. I have everything except the LH strut rod bracket with the hole for the bell crank. I was thinking I might just drill the hole myself, and give up looking for the bracket.

Would surely appreciate your views, when you have a moment.

Here are some questions:

Is drilling the current "auto" bracket advisable, or should I continue to look for a factory bracket with the hole?

If I go ahead and drill the hole, any advice on where the hole should go (I can line it up pretty close, and I've seen photos of the brackets with the hole, but wondered if there were dimensions that might help accuracy)?

I did consider going with a hydraulic setup, but firewall alignment and space for the master cylinder seemed too tricky.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Erik.

p.s. I live in Canada (Ottawa, the capital) but I lived awhile in Conroe TX -- between Montgomery and Conroe on Hwy 105. Are you anywhere near there?