< AMC magazine content > Scale Auto model mag has 4-page Big Bad Colors

< AMC magazine content > Scale Auto model mag has 4-page Big Bad Colors article.

 Was cruising the bookstores yesterday looking for a particular Star Trek
SCI book ( can't find #2, ARGGH ! ), and found this last copy of Scale Auto
magazine for model cars on the rack ( ok, the Sci-Fi books AREN't with the mags,
I was still lookin' ), and RIGHT on the top cover edge is the phrase "Krazy
Kolors for AMC muscle cars". It's December 2003 issue, with a '56 Chevy on the
front cover, and has a 4-page section on the colors used on AMC muscle cars
from 69 1/2 to 70, and also gives the hobby paint equivalent ( all available,
several special order ) they also include the Plum metallics, Jolly Green,
Surfside Turquoise, Electric Blue, Mustard Yellow, and Maxi Blue in addition to
the BB AMC colors. They have alot of photos of the model bodies of AMC ( ALL in
color ! ), including Jeep, Gremlin, Rebel and Matador Coupe, 2nd gen Javelin,
and AMX. The paint manufacturer is MCW Automotive finishes. The article lists
the colors from 69 to '74 for AMC.
Pretty cool, especially with all the color photos of the various AMC model
bodies in one place, and painted the wild colors ! They listed several
sources including Larry Mitchell and Patrick Foster, and an online paint chip
library at <A HREF="www.autocolorlibrary.com">www.autocolorlibrary.com</A> .
So, that's my AMC score for the weekend. I visited my parents in Richmond,
VA Saturday, and just a block from their house, I spotted a Spirit hatchback
( or might have been the Eagle equivalent, it sat rather high ) with the hood
up. Dark blue, looked decent. I drove by it slowly, but didnt' stop. No one
was under the hood at the time. Maybe I'll look for it next time I'm down there.
Anyway, have a good weekend, all!

Jerry in Virginia