Re: Renos request really rallies reality.... early gremlin grille..

Re: Renos request really rallies reality.... early gremlin grille..

 Well, Paul, first off, welcome to the group. Second off, hope you
love Fantasy, 'cause you'll soon find out that finding an early Gremlin grille (
easily ) quickly becomes one! LOL. I too have a '71, a project sunroof car
that has the front end smashed in some. Grilles that are easier to find are the
'74-76, because most of the "mass" production was in those years. The 70-73 and
'77-78 Gremlin grilles are the hardest to find, as they're lower production (
77-78 ) and older ( 70-73 ). So you may have a long wait to get a "good" one.
NO reproductions, either.
I personally have 8 Gremlins ( 71, 72, (3) 74s, 76, (2) 78 GT's ), so
I have a lot of spare cars to look for parts for! Some, like the '76, will
soon be a parts car, as will my other '78 ( busted grill dang it ).
As far as a "fair" price, expect to pay upwards of $75-150 for one in
good to fair shape. They're hard to find, and sought-after. I may have a lead
on a few possibilities, but am holding the cards CLOSE to my chest so I can
get first crack at the yard when I finally visit it. No help from ME at this
point! Sorry, I gotta look after my poor children, too. :) Anyway, welcome to
the show here at Gremlintime, wish you luck on your search. There's a Photo
Album section if you go to the Yahoo Groups website and log in there, if you
wan't to post pics of your cars, I'd like to see them. Mine can be seen at :

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/caspercars/gremlin.html";>http://www.geocities.com/caspercars/gremlin.html</A>

Well, that's it for me, going to a Tri-Chevy club meeting today. Hope to
see your car someday.

Jerry in Virginia
father of 8 ( Gremlins )