Re: Eagle 5-speed into 1972 Gremlin??????

Re: Eagle 5-speed into 1972 Gremlin??????

--- In gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Henry Hultquist <onree@xxxx>
wrote:
> Advice wanted--
>
> Eagle transmissions are shorter than non-4 wheel drive AMC trans,
to leave room for the transfer case. You would need a transmission
from a Concord, Spirit, or other non-4 wheel drive car. Also, the
transmission mounts are different on Eagles, as opposed to 2 wheel
drive cars.

I've got a chance to buy for cheap a wrecked and rusty 1983 Eagle SX4
that
> has a 5-speed manual transmission. Will this tranny go into my 1972
Gremlin
> 258 six, and replace my 3-speed manual without too much trouble?
Are Eagle