Re: [gremlintime] 1970 two passanger Gremlin - value -

Re: [gremlintime] 1970 two passanger Gremlin - value -

Well, you did say the car is ready to run, but not
running. More work and money need to be put into the
car. Gremlins were always economical. This is a car
that competed with VW Beetles, not Cadillacs and it
still doesn't have the cult that the Beetle has. I've
bought wonderful, rust-free, running Gremlins for
under $1000. Those of us who own AMC's other than
AMX's or Javelins have these cars because they're
different and we love them, not for their $ value.
$1500 sounds pretty fair to me without seeing it.
Unfortunately, sentimental value doesn't translate
into dollars and cents. If so, my beat up, but
dependable 1974 Gremlin would be worth millions, but,
if I ever did have to sell, I'm sure I'd be lucky to
get $1000. I sold a nicer one with less miles on eBay
for $900 a year and a half ago. And, I don't know
anyone who'd pay $1250 for a rusty Honda.
AMC 6 cylinder engines were the most tried and true
ever built. That's why we keep them in our cars rather
than putting a Chevy or Ford block in there.