d-day begins

Ok so I finally got the motor out of the Gremlin and out of the Jeep. Hurray!
I did not get the Jeep motor into gremlin though. awwww!
I'm so inexpirienced, I did not know I would also have to swap oil pans,
because the Jeep pan is armer plated and much taller than the Grems, or nor
did I know I would need to swap the oil extraction tube, because it is longer
on the Jeep than the Grem. So beeing as unprepared as I was, I need to
purchase a new oil pan gasket before I can put it back together.
But, I now know why my Gremlin motor was having so much trouble, It
appears that some yutz(besides me) had at one time had the motor appart
and bent the oil extraction tube and broke the oil pump itself. No wonder that
motor is shot! On the up side to all this hassel, the Jeep motor was completely
rebuilt at one time; it is in very nice shape. It even has paint on it, ooooh. It
also appears to have been bored out and fitted with larger pistons, could this
mean more power? hmmmm Larger displacement, two barrel carb,
equals, dust the neighbors crumby little Pontiac Grand Prix. tee hee. He
thinks he is so cool it would be so much fun to ebarrass him. I probably won't,
after with all the work I'm investing in this project I think she is going to be
treated with kid gloves. hey Gremlins don't grow on trees ya know......athough
they seem to occasionally sping up in feilds.
at any rate I'll keep ya posted.
keep on Gremlining, Kevin