1970 two passanger Gremlin - ready to ruin -

1970 two passanger Gremlin - ready to ruin -

I've seen that you've posted an intent to
sell - I missed your asking price .

If you did post an asking price and recieved
no takers - you may need to go to eBay and
list the vehicle there .

Parting the vehicle may net you $500 or
better - perhaps .

Everything you think will sell might not .

Realisticlly priced - the car should sell
Intact on eBay.

I would - would I were you - , Visit
eBay often and see what Gremlins are
fetching - , enter a ' bid starting at
price' and go from there .

You'll need some digital pictures available
for your ad .

If you get $1,250.00 for the car - if it
is in that good a shape - you'll be doing
well .

Gremlins usually trade around $650 - $1,250
in and around there - as they aren't AMX es
or Machines etc.

Eagles are another undervalued AMC -
someone purchased theirs for $850.00
and put over $2k in parts - all at once -
into the vehicle - which still won't go
into gear when running ( a 5spd. stick car
with power everything and a Leather
Interior ) - car was purchased by a
amc-lister for.......... $150.00 .

"Bottom Fishing" :

This is when the seller enters / asks
a price that in most circles will be seen
as unrealistic - hope-ing for a taker.

There is a Spirit GT listed for sale @ $1,900.00
and was reported on by a person who flew in
to view the car . It didn't sell and most likely
won't - until a Sucker comes along that is
partially blind with an IQ of 99 .

These "Bottom Fishers" just keep posting
and reposting the car for sale - wait 8 months
or so and start again . Some and most never
sell at the "Asking Price" and eventually sell
for whatever the person CAN get for the car.

You will not get for the car what YOU believe
it is worth - unless it is Highly Sought After .

As to an Opinion on parting the Vehicle :

You Own it - .

You know your financial situation and if
this dictates you part the vechicle since
you can't pull $750.00 out of the car
via a straight up sale - it is your call.

The Economy is in the dumpster and
will be until the next big thing generates
manufacturing in a big way here in the USA.

We will be long gone before that happens .

Monies for cool cars has dried up - collectors
that were bidding up prices - now are not as
free to drop a Thous or Two on a
"Tweaky Gremlin" or Other vehicle for
the sake of "Coolness" .

If the Vehicle is not a proven Investment
Vehicle - sales slow and prices fall .

AMX prices are dropping - even on
the Coveted 1970 models .

Gremlins are Cool - .

Investment Vehicles they are not .

To pull a few Thousand from the
sale of one - from the Ads I've read
over the years - the Gremlin would
need to sport the Levis' Option ,a V8 and
be Factory Fresh - or be a built car with
360/401 and be
in great shape - properly built to withstand
the extra power . Even then you'd be
hard pressed to get $3k .

If it were MY vehicle :

I would leave the car Intact and