GREMLINTIME

I would like to start off with an APOLOGY, if I may have caused
members any grief!!!
That was not my goal to start WWIII!!!
I have recently joined this AMC GREMLIN group on 03/30/02. Being an
AMC enthusiast I feel I may be in the wrong GROUP?????
I have owned my ONE and ONLY 1974 AMC GREMLIN X 304, MOTORCRAFT 2bbl
Carb. {THAT'S A BLUE OVAL CARB}, and auto {904 CHRYSLER TRANS} for
12 years. Since, I am 30 YEARS OLD that isn't bad stats!!! The car
was raced ONE weekend and ONE weekend only back in 1993 at Indy
(Mopar Nats). The X performed just as it did in tests back in 74
with single exhaust, MOTOROLA points ignition, and street tires.
Minor mods. consist of: -Lift off cowl induction hood
-Set of Hornet AMX aluminum wheels
-Aftermarket Stereo system [in car since 93]
-Tinted Windows
-Traction Bars
All of my mods are not permanent! I can easily return the car to
100% original in a day!!!
To make a long story short I haven't wasted my money on chrome
wheels and slicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that really a waste of money??????

AMC was known for using parts from the BIG 3!!!! We can't change
the past!!!!!!

Future Plans is to locate another 74 Gremlin. Preferably one that
lived most of its life as a race car. Since I wouldn't want to
wreck a complete and or solid car. Drop in a STOUT 401 w/ aluminum
heads and a 727 Trans. Have some serious fun GREMLIN STLYE!!!! Is
their a better style?????
That would be another saved from the CRUSHER!!!

Thankx again,
Olly