76 PB in Ca.

From: themixtoo@xxxx

Gary, Gary from Cleveland, Ohio again. The only solution 25 years ago was to
install the lower leaf spring/lower shock bracket from a '68-'70 AMX or
Javelin because it used a through-bolt style for the lower end of the shock.
I had done what you have and installed rear air shocks for a Hornet station
wagon thinking that they would be a little longer than the standard shocks. I
was wrong, all that happened was the ride was terrible and I broke three
right side lower brackets ( the piece that the two U-bolts bolt through).
After much research I discovered that the early AMX shocks were about 2
inches longer and by using them in conjunction with a set of Lakewood
traction bars (for the AMX of course), it was no longer necessary to pump the
air up to the max to get clearance for the L60's I had installed. With this
combination I did not need extra long shackles either. I am still using the
same traction bars and rear air shocks today that I installed 25 years ago
with none of the problems I had in the very beginning.
Gary 'The Mix' , from snowy Cleveland, Ohio