DelrayMan, watch out ! Chevy-powered Gremlins are fair game...

DelrayMan, watch out ! Chevy-powered Gremlins are fair game...

 Just a note of warning, some members here get hyper when people install
Chevy parts into an AMC product, so wear your flame-proof underwear and
overalls when you read your emails from this list! LOL! I have seven
Gremlins, Gary, I live in Virginia, and enjoy all types of Gremlins , from
stock to wild. My dream is to put an Allison V-16 engine in one of my
projects, and make a Hotwheels "Openfire" out of it, and add another set of
wheels. Soon's I hit the lottery, of course. :P
Anyway, welcome aboard the Gremlintime list, and wish you the best
enjoying your Gremlin.
The 4-cylinder Gremlin is a rather rare find, with the Audi engine, they
didn't make many, so I understand, maybe a few thousand, the motor just
didn't have the power to do the job. But they are different. My idea is to
take out the Audi, and install a fuel-injected Porsche, as that is the same
basic motor as the Audi that was installed, just minus the FI. The carb made
the engine anemic. As the Gremlin is a heavy car, the carbbed version just
had no Umph! to push the Gremlin well enough to be popular. But that's a
pretty amazing find, a low-jileage family car! Thanks for posting that, hope
someone buy it that will treasure it. That's all from me, now prepare for the
flaming! LOL

Jerry