Gremlin Garage getting "weatherproof" awning...

Gremlin Garage getting "weatherproof" awning...

 I decided today, since it was a beautiful day out, and I wasn't working
at my old job today, to go forward with my daydream plans of putting an
overhang over the front of the garage door to keep the rain off, and give me
some standing room out of the weather. I managed so far to create and put up
the support braces above the door, thank God for my table saw which made it
so easy! it'll give me about 3 feet of space in front of the garage that's
dry.
I will be out working on it tonite, finishing attaching the braces with
screws, then nail down the sub-roofing before trying the metal panels on for
the final fit and attachment. I had two panels left over from my Gremlin
"shed" project ( which houses the Matador now ), and although they were
supposed to be just shipping "trash", they're actually good enough to use for
my 16' doorway. So no extra money layed out to purchase supplies, as I've got
LOTS of lumber and material left over from my aborted 3-shed attempt to hide
cars, only got one built, and didn't need to build the other two for cars, so
I've got stuff left to work with! Still need the shed space for parts
storage, etc, but I'm not in a hurry now. I can take my time.
With any luck, I can finish this overhang tonight, or tomorrow at the
latest. Hopefully I won't hear any crap from my neighbors over this, either!
Things have been quiet since I've gotten my stuff legal, so hopefully they
have better things to do now than harass me. And also, in two weeks my friend
Sean said he'll be thru with his tile job, and will move his 40 foot trailer
out of my driveway. Woo-hoo! Lots of space back! Then I can get that "free"
car trailer, eyesore that it is, and bring it home to work on it in my "spare
time"...har har! :)
Well, that's all for me, I will continue on with my "home improvement"
efforts tonight, AMC ya later!

Jerry