Good auction haul...Nash, Jeffreys Rambler pictures...

Good auction haul...Nash, Jeffreys Rambler pictures...

 I went to my favorite auction last night, which spans items from
yard-sale junk to fine antiques. For only $67, I filled up the back of my
Toyota truck and the cab, too! Got a PILE of old '50's Post magazines, some
Lionel train cars, track, and transformers, a couple sets of pictures
including a '50's bathtub Nash car ad and a set of felt? art pictures of cars
from the teens, including a Jeffreys 1902 Rambler, about 5x7". I can't wait
to thumb thru the old Post mags, they're FULL of old car ads, and they are in
fine condition, not yellowed or torn up. They do have that " old paper" smell
to them, but other than that, I'm pleased with them, as I've seen them in
antique shops from $5-20 each! And I got about 50 of them for $5. I also
bought a complete Coke dispensing set-up ( modern self-serve type at
fast-food restaurant style ) for $1 !! Hope I can make some money off of that
one to someone who wants it. :) Other $1 deals included two small file
cabinets, a kids bike, boat gas tank, static film projector w/tape player
function, 2 boxes of books, etc. My "expensive" acquisition was an old school
overhead projector, $20, as I REALLY wanted one, and had another bidder who
also wanted it badly. I intend to make a Gremlin guy transparency, and
"project" it onto my garage door, then proceed to paint the Gremlin onto the
door, so I can follow the pattern. :) I heard a guy used an OP to make a
template to paint his old truck with a special flame pattern, he'd had a
wreck, so one side was repainted, he took pics of the other side, reversed
it, made a transparency, then projected it onto the side of the repaired
truck, and taped it off to repaint. Slick, huh? So, I don't think this thing
will go to waste, if I can get the Gremlin on the garage door, it'll be worth
it. :) Just another project...Well, that's my Auction Preport, I'll be
hunting down Coke glasses from the Dollar Tree stores today...and looking for
a job, still. AMC ya'll,

Jerry
Woodbridge, VA
Good thing I cleaned out the garage, I got MORE stuff coming....