Re: Gremlin grills, Gremlin value, etc...

Re: Gremlin grills, Gremlin value, etc...

 Well, LightfooFJ2, I can tell you that value depends on what part of the
country you're in, etc. I have paid no more than $500 for ANY of my 7
Gremlins, some in good to fair shape, some worse. I paid $500 for a 10-year
garaged on blocks '74 Gremlin, it runs and drives, needed brakes, so that was
another $200 by the time I finished with all the wheel and master cylinders.
Parts will be more expensive than the whole car, sometimes! LOL. I paid $100
for another '74 Gremlin out of a junkyard, just missing the grill, and it ran
and moved, haven't gotten to it yet, though. Grills are not as easy to find
anymore, 74-76 are more available as Gremlins go, 73 and earlier are not. But
they're both scarce. A guy in St. Louis said he could probably get $1,000
just for a rusty Gremlin shell with no motor, whereas in Virginia I've been
picking them up left and right for under $500. So it depends on the area you
live in, and what the market is like. Sounds like you have a great car, I
wish even one of mine had a V-8, but they're all 6's. OH well. By the way,
how about introducing yourself a little more in detail, like your REAL name,
what part of the world you live in, etc. Lightfoo isn't your REAL name, is
it? LOL. Thanks for the intro, we're all in this together to save and enjoy
our Gremlins...so far, I've been more involved in saving than enjoying, but
finally got my garaged '74 running and driveable, so I can start working on
the '78 GT now. Take care, look forward to more V-8 Gremlin updates from you.

Jerry Casper
Woodbridge, VA
'71 Gremlin w/sunroof
'72 Gremlin w/sunroof