Re: [gremlintime] Digest Number 309

About those lines, I didn't have any trouble getting them from an auto parts store, I think it's
the same as used between the fuel pump and carb. But, I don't think the rubber hose part is stock...must've been to patch a leak..at least I've never seen a rubber trans cooler line....bending those lines is the right way is no fun tho!

Well, I crawled under the car this afternoon, intending to replace the
transmission line to fix the leak. The leak was at a rubber hose connection,
so I just tightened the hose clamp. The lines have FEMALE ends, not the
standard male like the auto parts stores carry, so I can't replace them with
generic lines. darn! Oh well, I"ll probably call my local Trans Repair shop,
see what my Main Man will charge me for some replacement lines in steel this
coming week. I got the car down off the jack stands, and hit the wheels and
the engine compartment with a brief wipe-down with Greased Lightning cleaner.
Took the gunk and grime right off, it's bio-degrad, and made the hubcaps and
wheels look nice! The engine compartment will take some more work, but I
cleaned up the shock towers, part of the rear firewall, etc to at least give
a good first visual impression. I am just about to step outside, open the
gate, and drive the car around the neighboring 'hoods to see how the brakes
are. I even cleaned out the "trunk" of all the spare parts, and vacuumed the
car out! I found the broken rear-view mirror behind teh spare tire, and
before remounting, I had to clean the windshield of the tape glue, they had
the mounting fixture taped up to hold it while it set, so there was a nice
glue "cross" X'd on my windshield. Got that done, I"m cleaned up some, and
ready to roll! I'll give you a drive report as soon as I get back. Doesn't
look too bad now that's she's empty and cleaned up some. :) Woo-hoo! Be back
in a few....or not! LOL