74 Gremlin test drive...brakes good, no trans leak, slight missing...

74 Gremlin test drive...brakes good, no trans leak, slight missing...

 Well, took'er around the area, and she did good! Stopped fine, had a
little grinding at first, then it went away as it probably took off some
rust. :) Drove it up and down the hilly surrounding terrain, had to stop to
fully close the hood at one point, and adjust the passenger mirror. Then up a
STEEP hill, past some boys who suffered whiplash as I drove by, I did hear
some laughs, but who cares? :) Started missing pretty good for a few
seconds, so I steered for home. Got into the driveway, got my flashlight and
screwdriver inside the house, and came out to check the carb adjustment. The
needle was turned out rather far, I had to turn it in about 2 full turns
before it started missing slightly, then I backed it off about 1/2 a turn.
I'm going to go hit the Taco Bell now, and see how it does. Then maybe I'll
drive it up the secondary main road of Rt. 1, and take it to the big Mall,
and drive slowly by the main area. :) Just for yuks. I was going to go to
the big cruise area tonite, but that's too far away to go this late now. I'll
have to settle for a quick jaunt around the area. But at this point, it
should be all down hill! No major things to do to the car, it's got new
ignition system, I might get the trans filter changed as there was a new one
in a box in the back , when I get the lines fixed. So, here I go
again!...Vroom! That lil 232 really goes!

Jerry, with a BIG smile on my face.