Gremlin # 7 makes it home....saw Model T for sale while there...

Gremlin # 7 makes it home....saw Model T for sale while there...

 I took off after work today, and drove the 65 miles to pick up my latest
( AND last ) AMC purchase ( for awhile, hee hee! ) Luckily traffic wasn't bad
as the two previous grid-locked days, and the heat was down. I had only minor
trouble with the tow bar, and the car pretty much followed me home. :) The
guy who I picked it up from has a body shop, and is heavily into Mopars. He
picks up cars from the Kidney and Lung Foundation auctions, and then either
keeps them or restores them to resell, or just makes a buck or two off them (
like the Gremlin ). He had a Dodge Monaco there, looked like a '69 or '70,
very similar to a Rebel Machine or 2-dr Matador '70-71 with the reverse-slant
roof pillar in the back.
In the front of his shop was a very nicely redone '20 Ford Model T, it's a
hand-crank only car, all black. He wants to sell it, and is asking only
$6,700 for it. It's a turn-key car, runs and drives, although he didn't turn
the lights on, as he was waiting for me to get there to pick up the car, and
wanted to leave soon, it did strike me as a nice car from what I saw of the
interior and exterior in the fading daylight. Anyone interested, I can pass
his phone number along.
Well, as I said, this is the LAST AMC I'm buying for awhile, I need to
start concentrating on ridding myself of unwanted cars now. I have enough
projects to keep me busy until the Social Security fund is broke, or I
retire, whichever comes first. :) Anyway, hope to get some pictures of it
soon, and then scanned to send to anyone wanting to see it. That's all for
now, hope to drive the '74 this weekend if I can get it out of the crowded
driveway. G'nite,all!

Jerry