Progress made on shed, but not the Gremlins...

Progress made on shed, but not the Gremlins...

 Well, I finally broke down this weekend ( not the cars, my
procrastination ), and got the sheet metal roofing up on the shed where my
friend's Matador is parked, replacing the tarp that's been up there since I
framed the shed in months ago. Hopefully this will turn into a Gremlin shed
this Fall, as the Matador MUST go. :) Took me all morning rearranging some
other shed space to empty my truck out enough to get to the roofing stored in
the bed on the bottom of the pile for 3+ months now. Then, I had to carefully
place and predrill and screw in about 15 wood-type screws in each of the 10
panels. I was whupped by 9 pm when I finished Saturday evening! I was hoping
to get some time in Sunday morning on the cars, before i left for a Car Club
trip some 100 miles south, but a crack of thunder woke me up at 6 am, and
basically washed that idea out. I then remembered I'd left the truck windows
open the night be fore...Mon Dieu!! Had to make a hasty "dress and run" and
roll up the windows...too late, it was soaked, lucky for me they're vinyl
seats and flooring. :) The roof didn't leak either on the shed! I still need
to go back later and run two more rows of screws to suppliement the 3 I did
do, but at least its secure enough for 20-30 mph winds easily, if not more.
Hopefully if no storms drop by Monday nite, I'll finish the brake job on
the '74, and maybe get some new hoses installed as well. Still need to order
a lower radiator hose, or take the old one in to the parts shop, and try to
visually find one that I can cut down from a larger one to fit. Either way, I
hope to have the '74 running this week for sure, and at least drive it to
work one day. :) That's all for my weekend, the fiancee was out of town
doing a craft show in western N. Carolina, and it sure was LONELY here,
although I had 4 cats and 4 Gremlins to keep me company. :) She'll be back
Monday, though. Well, that's all for me, time to hit the sack, got a busy day
MOnday at work. AMC ya!

Jerry