distributor

We used to have a Hornet wagon back when our kids were small (early '80s) that had the same problem with the clips. The distributor kept popping off when I would try to start it because the clips were too long. We checked distributor type & everything was correct also. My husband put in new clips that were stronger that he could bend to hold the distributor on. Even then I still had to get under the hood occasionally & put the distributor back on. Ah, those were the days.....
Karla

P. S. Norbert let me drive the Gremlin again!!! This time is was about 100 ft. He still won't let me forget that I totalled his first one.