Saving Machine wheels...rewelding the spider into a new rim...

Saving Machine wheels...rewelding the spider into a new rim...

 A friend of mine named Tom O'hara has been having success rebuilding
Machine rims, by cutting out the center "spider" section, and grafting it
into a new rim, and then using the Corvette trim rings. He's got about 12 of
them so far , don't know how many of those he's repaired. So if any of you
have been wondering whether to chuck those old rims with the rotted edges,
DON'T! They can be saved! Might not be original, but at least they'll be
useable. Anyone wanting his email address, E me directly at
Gremlingts@xxxx, and I'll forward his email to you for consultation.

Jerry
preparing to finish '74 Gremlin brake project before the rains start again..