Sunroof Gremlin gets the hood raised, finally...

Sunroof Gremlin gets the hood raised, finally...

 but only for some show & tell, and to pull the distributor. A friend wants
to build up an early Gremlin for racing, and needs the head casting #. I
pulled the distributor out to compare it to the '81 GMC Van I-6 HEI unit I
bought, it matchs good! My friend said get a new Jeep dist. gear for it, as
the old gear wouldn't fit right ( and it's worn out besides ). I'll either
use it in my Pacer to replace the Motorcrap unit, or put it in the Sunroofer
to try to fire it, as the old unit is rather rusted up from sitting uncapped
in the weather. I may try to clean it up some to see if it's salvageable, but
that's another day's project.
I told John about some specs I had for 67-81 AMC engines he wanted badly,
so he came over, and we took the valve cover off so he could write down the
head # to check it againest some specs he wanted to check out. He really
liked that Petersen's Engine data book I had, it covers alot of American cars
and trucks, with lots of specs on the engines, cams, valves, tolerances for
each, etc. He was amazed, as he hadn't gotten as much information in any one
place from other sources. I loaned him the book to make copies of the
pages.It's about 600-800 pages of nothing but car info. I also got several
books in the mail today from a purchase made searching on WWW.bibliofind.com
for used AMC tech books. I got a '67-74 Matador and Rebel Chiltons book, and
a '71-79 Clymer Gremlin/Pacer/Hornet book, with electrical diagrams and
everything. Will add those to my growing AMC library of books and tech
manuals. :) Hope everyone had a great week, lets let the AMC's roll this
weekend!

Jerry Casper
'79 Pacer
'78 Gremlin GT