What we would have done

In a message dated 3/20/00 6:08:46 AM Mountain Standard Time,
gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Ok heres what i would have liked. 77 Hatch hell yeah, Tail gate would have
been an awsome option. I hate the later model dashes!!! I like the ugly hump
dash with the round gauges. The hump behind the back seat is a vital frame
suport so there aint nothin to do about that. I do hate my 3 spd floor
shifter and the transmision on the end of it too! I havent seen many Gremlins
with the one window strut and its not too hard to find a two hole window
anyways id just convert.. Never had a problem with that last screw on the
valve cover, in a Gremlin any ways Anyone ever tried to remove a inline six
head from a PACER!!?? Now thats a pain in the ah hahaha! I realy dont find
much fault in my Gremlin but im generaly the only one in it and not the one
crammed in the back seat. It would have been nice to have a bigger back seat
and cargo area but i gues thats what the hornets and sportabouts were
for...Besides if they did increase the size of the back seat and cargo area
it wouldnt be the stubby Gremlin we all know and love anymore.......
Personaly i think instead of building the pacer they should have gone front
whel drive with an all new smaller Gremlin. Kind of go back the the Nash kick
ass small car heritage the Gremlin came from. I think if AMC would have aimed
at the sub compact car field around 75 or 6 we might still have AMC around
today. Yeah they woud be small front wheel drive cars with little 4 cylinders
but its possible we wouldnt have so many damn rice burnin imports around if
we had made our own corn burnin machines. AMC ruled the small car world in
the 50s they should have capitalized on that and kicked ass now!!.
Anyways sorry to get so long winded and i didnt mean to be cynical about how
the Gremlin was designed but these are my fealings...
jeremy Stone
<< 77 hatch size done in the first place.( it would be really cool if there
was a fold down tailgate, but that would probably have been cost
prohibtive)
78 dash done in the first place.
More room (depth) for stereo in dash
Better fit and finish
More aesthetically pleasing
More funcional (more gauges, etc)
Get rid of that hump right behind the back seat, so it's a completely
flat surface.
Better location of fuse box.
More dignified floor shifter
74 seat belts done in the first place
Larger mirrors, on both sides.
74 front seat flip latch location done in the first place.
TWO gas window struts
Different location of last screw on valve cover, or differnt location of
wiper motor.

--
Daniel Modlin
73 Gremlin X >>