Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 01:41:22 -0000
From: "way2phastphil" <way2phastphil@xxxx>
Subject: Re: Eagle 5-speed into 1972 Gremlin??????

--- In gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hallosey@xxxx wrote:

Nope, won't work. The Eagle trans has splines on the end, to mate
w/
the transfer case. It does not have the yoke needed for u-joints that
attach to the drive shaft. Good creative idea, but it would take some
serious engineering to mate the two. You might, I repeat, might, be
able to make a yoke to attach to the splines, but... I think you
would
be better off finding a trans from a 2 wheel drive car.
Another alternative that I've read about is to put a Mustang trans
in
the car. I don't have much info, but maybe someone else can help.
Also, try www.amcforum.net. That's where I saw the idea mentioned.