Sunroof Gremlins RULE!!

on 4/3/03 9:29 PM, Gremlingts@xxxx at Gremlingts@xxxx wrote:

> C'mon, Terry, the Gremlin debuted on April 1st, 1970. That is historical
> FACT, as far as I know, and is documented as well. Where did you get the
> notion they came out in '69 at??? That's the first I've heard of it. Maybe
> some literature came out ahead of time, but not the car itself.
> As far as the "rare" roll-top canvas sunroof cars, I have TWO of these, a
> '71 and a '72. '71 is dented but not very rusty, and the '72 is straighter
> but has rust issues, non-terminal so far. The canvas sunroof is made in
> England, of all places. Where do THEY see any sun for any length of time? LOL!
> Other rare Gremlins would include the Hurst Rescue 1 Gremlin with V-8,
> can't have made more than 20, as I remember chatting with some guy who worked
> with Hurst on them. Also the Randall Gremlins with 401, that goes without
> saying. :) Heck, seeing ANY Gremlin on the road these days is rare! My '74
> has an exhaust leak now, I thought it was knocking , but I think it's the
> exhaust roar I'm hearing. I"ll have to check my manifold to see if it's
> cracked. One thang afta' anotha...
>
> Jerry in Virginia

Hey Jerry!,

I've got a V8 72 sunroof car. Rust free but in a lot of pieces at this
point. How can I get parts for the roof canvas?? I'm missing some of the
plastic parts. Does anyone have instructions on how this goes together? To
any of you that think you can build a canvas gremlin.... good luck. The
roof is design special for the canvas. Reinforced. I know they, AMC made
alot of cars with the sunroof option (Hornets and Gremlins but they are hard
to find because they leak a lot and water would get inside. Pretty much a
NO rain summer car. Any info. on parts for the roof would be great.

Thanks,
Matt, Illinois.