Clutch Plate Rust Problem

I have a 71 Gremlin that hasn't been driven for one
year. When I tried to start it, the car started to
move as it cranked. A friend said my clutch plate is
rusted to the flywheel - so the clutch pedal is
useless. Any advice/suggestions to fix this without
major surgery. I promise, I will drive it more
often!!
Thanks!