401-727 transmission

Does anyone have any experience with the 727 trans? I was wondering
what to look for, is the bell housing amc only on the model that will
fit my 401? Is any 727 going to work? Any help would be a great help.
Has any one tried to locate any dust shields for front disc brakes or
can I run without them? Does anyone have a source for all the front
end bushings? Thanks for any help you might have.
Mark
71 232 converting to 401