Re: [gremlintime] GREAT day at the all-AMC flea market ( tiny )

Re: [gremlintime] GREAT day at the all-AMC flea market ( tiny )

 Met a new guy in Richmond, VA today, he used to work for an AMC
dealership there years ago, and had some stuff left over, so he decided to
host a one-man AMC flea-market today and invited my Rambler club members down
for some cash-for-parts. He had some NOS, some used, mostly Gremlin and
Hornet, some Pacer, Matador and Jeep stuff. He owns a '69 AMX, so has no
interest anymore in Gremlin/Hornet stuff ( had a '71 at one time ) I bought
some good used stuff, got 2 Gremlin fender emblems, one decent with mounting
pins, one trashed, one door panel emblem with some dings, a 3-speed linkage
set for floor-shift, a rebuilt Ford 1-bbl carb, Hornet and Gremlin gas tank
filler necks ( Hornet came with stainless gas cap, decent ), a '75 Pacer TSM,
a '78 AMC new accessories catalog, and a '74 dealership license plate tag
with the AMC logo and '74 on it ( it was painted over to show '71, I have
both year cars ) I did get an NOS set of disc brake spindles, too, but no
calipers or rotors though. I missed out on a license plate tag with a
sparkly " Gremlin " on it! Damn, knew I shoulda got there sooner! LOL. Here's
his email address and name, he may sell any leftovers on Ebay , or if you
talk to him, he may ship :
Tom Lyon
amx69@xxxx

So, that was my great day, hope everyone else enjoyed the beautiful
weather ( at least, we had some on the East coast! ). I did manage to stop by
my friend's house on the way down and take some pictures of my "free"
Gremlin, the green '74. Ants had decided to make the roof their home under
the tarp, they scurried all over when I took it off! Damn bugs. :) I gotta
replace that missing driver door window sometime. I was going to try to take
pics of my parts '70 Javelin, too, but needed to get to the flea before all
the good parts were gone! I did miss a V-8 Motor mount set as well ( used ),
oh well. Gotta remember to be on time next time! Too much to do, as usual.
well, that's all for tonight, I'm taking the pinless Gremlin emblem to work
to mill the stubs down, do some repair work on it, drill and tap a small
hole, and make a lapel pin out of it, or a bolo tie. :) I'll have to buff
some scrapes off of it, too, and fill one small hole in the foot. It's had a
ROUGH life. LOL. G'night all. Not a bad AMC day for under $100.....

Jerry in Virginia