Re: "new" carb running good, Jerry-rig held up, Toyota truck back in biz

Re: "new" carb running good, Jerry-rig held up, Toyota truck back in biz....

 The Gremlin ran great today to work and back, only had a slight miss (
probably the worn valvetrain ), and only blue smoke when nailing the gas to
accelerate. I still need to set the auto choke, it's set for too warm a
condition. But otherwise, the new Advance Auto rebuilt carb did the trick.
My fix on the linkage held up well today, but it will be replaced...see
below.
Picked up the Toyota today after I got home, it's clutch is now grippy
and no more noise! Another noise I thought was the water pump squealing is
gone, too, so it must have been the throw-out bearing causing the racket to
begin with. Peace and quiet again! I can sneak home late now without the wife
knowing its me pulling into the driveway. LOL. J/K.
While test-driving the Toy from the shop, I stopped in at AA/Speed and
Custom around the corner, and found a Chevy carb ball pivot pin with threads
and a nut, so I can use that on my new CJ-5 carb to "correctly" hook up the
linkage. The hole looks big enough to accept the threaded part, if not, I can
open'er up a little. Not a big problem. it cost $7 , but worth it. Now I have
two vehicles again I can trust. Whew!
Well, that completes Day 4 of Gremlin Driving, it will be "retired"
tomorrow to standby status until further need/notice. I may check the plugs
this weekend to see if any are fouled, if I find it's so, I'll replace them
again. Might be all that's wrong! Who knows...Well, guess I'll get back to
house-cleaning. AMC ya,

Jerry in snowy Virginia.....