Day 4 - Gremlin gets new CJ-5 carb, linkage not the same , so...

Day 4 - Gremlin gets new CJ-5 carb, linkage not the same , so...

 I had to "rig" up a connection, I used a sort of ball-ended peg from a
wooden shelf holder I'd salvaged to screw into the carb for the linkage to
hold to. It worked, I took it for a test drive last night. My truck wasn't
outside the shop, dammit, so I gotta drive the Gremlin again.
I'm taking the old carb with me, and my tools, so if worse comes to
worse, I can swap out the carbs again on the road, or take the bottom
Throttle plate section off and put it on the new carb so it'll work properly.
Really, though, I just need a small nipple to bolt onto the linkage, and the
carb should work fine. It still has a miss from the worn valvetrain,but at
least it ain't smokin' black anymore, and runs almost smooth. :D Yay! One
small victory. Too bad they didn't list a Gremlin carb, maybe I shoulda had
them look up a Hornet. Oh well, I'll see if I can stop in at NAPA and buy
one. I know they're available. Well, we'll see if this " jerry-rig " gets me
to work and back, I'm leaving EARLy today so I can leave work early to get my
truck and take the cats to the vet. AMC ya later,

JErry