Re: 500 cu.in Cadd-O-Grem/Bartarooooo!!!

Re: 500 cu.in Cadd-O-Grem/Bartarooooo!!!

Hey Bartaroo.
Long time no hear. Howz your Gremlin going? I wouldnt think you were
feeling well if you didnt get on me about my motor selection.lol.
Yea, I know what your saying about the swap, but you know I like to
be a little weird with my swaps. The tourque these Caddys are putting
out is just unreal. And thats in just a dab over stock form. Im
looking at about 2800-3200 dollars in a complete rebuild. Thats new
carb, intake, included and looking at 450-500 horses and almost 600ft
lbs of tourque! And with an aftermarket intake it only weighs 40lbs
more than a small block. Plus the tourque comes in at such a low rpm,
you only need run 2.73 to 3.23 gears. That means I can cruise without
running hi rpm's and still launch like a rocket + save weight. I
thought I just had to give that a shot.
Anyway, my rear is off getting rwaeked a little. It seems the
backlash was off a little. Sounded like I had a blower in the car.
Hopefully I will get some shots off it in action after I get the rear
back. Im also looking into them disc brakes on it.
Take care all. Rod

-- In gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Ferguson III"
<liberty_valence@xxxx> wrote:
> Not sure about crossmembers (my 74 was a factory 304), but I know
that the
> 258-V8 swap is easy enough that the left motor mount is actually
the same!

Gremlin.again i'm
> NOT
> trying to bust your balls just offering some advice
> regards
> Bart M.
> 73 Gremlin AMC 360/T10
>
> Community email addresses:
> Post message: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Shortcut URL to this page:
> Gremlintime(Home of the AMC Gremlin on the WWW):
> http://www.geocities.com/gremlintime

Service.