Re: [gremlintime] 500 cu.in Cadd-O-Grem

Cad in a 2600lb Grem? That sounds like it will be scary-fast. I have a 540 stroker in my daily-driver 1979 Coupe de Ville,

----Original Message Follows---- From: "Brien Tourville" <hh7x@xxxx> Reply-To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [gremlintime] 500 cu.in Cadd-O-Grem Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 00:30:05 -0500

cRaZY!

I blew up my Dads' '76 500cu.in. Caddie
back when...... I was climbing Storm King
Mountain - the other side of is where
West Point Military Academy is - .......
got to the top & a Rod (true.....) let go.

No power brakes on the downside...... mutha!

Stroke is so long it sounds like a Windmill
when winding up ....... !

I followed that Caddie Engine Builders
write ups since way back when he started
making manifolds....... It is a Great engine !

Brien.

"milners-coupe"

Message: 4 Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 23:20:36 -0000 From: "hemmigremmie <hemmigremmie@xxxx>" <hemmigremmie@xxxx> Subject: No Hemi Anymore

You must not of read my poor Hemi went south post did ya? The Heads
were to wide and I didnt want to cut the shock towers and with the
Distributor in the back and with the weight of it, It would have put
to much strain on the front end, so I opted to let her go.
My new project is a Caddy 500! Its the size of a Big Block Ford, but
weighs 40 lbs more than a small block due to the block material. Im
looking at 3000 on a rebuild and 500 horses and 550+ ft lbs of
tourque. Plus at least its not a SBC, so Im going for it. Rod

MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail