Re: [gremlintime] Disc brakes

How about a parachute!? And while yer at it sponsorship from Nike or Reebok!?
Na, just jokin'-----about the shows! There are a number of good adjustable
proportioning valves available. For roadrace and hot roadcar/rallye use I
like the valve mounted within easy arms reach usually next to or right under
the drivers seat. A nice large knurled knob works best on the stem. Some
makes/models have detents for reference and to reduce drift possibilties.
Remember however that this is one more area for the possibility of fluid leak
and/or intake of air into the system. As always the more you pays the better
you gets generally holds true but look around at whats being used by others
and ask them about any particular idiosyncrysis of the various units. I have
not built a car in several years now in which I've installed a new unit (I
tend to recycle some specialty parts like this from one car to the next). I
would check not only roadrace supply houses but also hot rod builders and of
course some of the more sophisticated circle track suppliers; remember even
NASCAR turns right at least a couple times a year! I like the idea of the 401
Gremlin as at least the basic chasis was designed with a V8 in mind as
opposed to the Vega (yes I own a 1972 Vega) which is a pain in the *#@ and
requires too many specially made pieces to put a V8 in. My 1971 Pinto 302 V8
project is proving to be one of the easiest and cheapest conversions yet. I
choose my sheetmetal carefully for the muscle versions as I would rather
modify a rusty rat and restore the remaining clean and original cars. Its
like the old '41 Willys in the barn story------I'd have to restore the darn
thing rather than build another Hemi powered Gasser as I don't believe that
I've ever seen a stock '41 Willys. Thank your lucky stars that we don't still
drive around with mechanical brake systems!!!!!!!!