Re: [gremlintime] Digest Number 731

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 23:20:07 EST
> From: thatjoeguy@xxxx
> Subject: '76 Gremlin "X" for sale - details
>
> Thanks Dave
>
> OK, for anyone interested.
> We started this project for our middle son who got
> on my good side by being a
> Gremlin fanatic. He' decided to spend his money on a
> foreign exchange program
> at school -- so he's not going to be driving anytime
> (in this country at
> least) soon.
>
> We've got a '76 Gremlin "Spirit of '76" model for
> sale.
> Just looking to get our money back from the project.
>
> We are in Los Angeles, CA.
> Best offer around $2800.
>
> History:
> - Bought it a few months back from an old lady in
> Anaheim, CA for $1200.
> - 47,000 original miles. (still has the original
> decals and AMC hubcaps)
> - White with Blue interior and roof-top luggage
> rack.
> - Everything works, A/C, AM radio, wipers, signals,
> everything.
> - Damage: broken headlight door on passenger side +
> missing "X" from grille.
> - Extra Parts: Passenger side headlight door +
> Entire spare grille w/ "X"
> emblem.
> BONUS: Rear chrome spoiler!
>
> *Only rust is hole in bottom of driver's door.
>
> - Pep Boys radiator redo with lifetime warranty &
> new water pump = $400
> - New Goodyears w/road hazzard protection (for 75k)
> and alignment = $400
> - Assorted safety checks, tranny seal, rear axle
> gasket, new valve cover
> gasket
> and rear brake job (new shoes, seals, etc.) = $400
>
> The next thing I would do is overhaul the tranny,
> get a seat cover and paint
> the darn thing purple! -- But I don't think we're
> gonna get the chance.
>
> Pix for anyone interested.
>
> Joe King
> thatjoeguy@xxxx

'76 Gremlin..................$1,200.00
Radiator redo and waterpump..$400.00
New tires and alignment......$400.00
New assorted gaskets and
rear brake job...............$400.00

Driving a purple Gremlin listening to "Purple People
Eater" cranked on an AM oldies radio
station......................Priceless!

LOL!