Re: [gremlintime] Gremlin parts - 3 speeds and disc brakes

--- Dave Kaunisto <vangremlin@xxxx> wrote:
> Hey gang:
>
> I've got a 1972 Gremlin X with the 304 in it and an
> automatic.
>
> 1. What manual transmissions will fit and work in
> it? There's a 6 cyl
> 3-speed junker at the local junk yard (tranny
> already plucked) - should I
> grab the bell housing?
>
> 2. Will the disc brakes from a 79 Spirit 6 cyl work
> in my car? What all do
> I need to grab - spindles, tie rods, etc?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dave
> 72 Gremlin X
>

> >From: randy smith <crabpainter@xxxx>
> >To: gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: [gremlintime] scotish connection
> >Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 18:57:49 -0800 (PST)

> The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months
> FREE*

Hi dave I have a 75 gremlin and I put a 78'
crysler 318 in it my brother has a 1970 gremlin with a
72' amc360 out of a jeep . i put disc brakes on mine
from a 79 hornet and all i needed was the spindles and
calipers to use as cores and i also bought new braided
lines and rotors it bolted right on no problem and
rebuilt calipers were only 12$ they are the same as
ford vans . im sure the spirit should be the same too
.

my brothers has a 727 chrysler trans . mine has a
904 chrysler both autos im not sure if the 6 cyl.
manual will fit on the back of the 304 .
you might want to keep the auto and put a shift kit
in it they came with strong trans. are you having
problems with yours or just want a manual trans ?

its possible the back of the crank shaft might
have to be drilled out on the 304 and 360 v8s if using
a GM manual trans im not sure though .
there is an amc club that has tons of info
about stuff like that but im not sure how to reach
them my brother was a member for a few years id have
to check with him .
good luck with your AMC
todd