'74 Gremlin rolls again, months after return from Kenosha...

'74 Gremlin rolls again, months after return from Kenosha...

 I finally took some time to put the valve cover back on the Gremlin this
evening, and fired it up again. Still was misssing some, but I took it out
anyway. After a few minutes driving, the miss mostly disappeared, but I could
hear some slight valve clacking, much less than before I "adjusted" the valve
train some with some sandpaper. :) It still has a slight miss, and when I
shut the car off and get out, it smells slightly of gas, I don't see any
leaking, so I suspect the darn carb is running rich. Must be the weakest spot
on the motor, these darn 2-bbl leakers! Oh well. Although, this is the carb
off the '72 Gremlin, and that car ran fine with this carb, so I don't know if
it's still the carb, or something else. Still got a lot of tinkering to do
with it! But, at least it's back together again. I don't think I'll have the
new hi-po head installed this winter, unless I get the '76 project Gremlin
chopped up or sold, and move it into the garage to work on it.
Not sure what the weather will be like tomorrow, but I may try to start
the '78 GT again. Didn't have much luck last time, it got flooded I think. Oh
well, gotta try sometime! :) Hope it won't be too cold. I may go to a model
train show for awhile, I was working on my HO train module tonight, for the
first time in a long while as well. Need to get my geezin' rear in gear and
get stuff done! :)
Well, hope everyone had a great T-day. I'll be enjoying the 4-day
weekend, maybe go visit my folks this weekend, too. Have a safe one,

Jerry in Virginia
at least one Gremlin running again...