Great aerial photos salvaged , maybe can find an AMC car..

Great aerial photos salvaged , maybe can find an AMC car..

I'm the "trash guy" at work, I tend to be the one taking out the trash ( so I
get a chance to look thru the dumpsters for neat stuff ), and this week, an
aerial survey company has been cleaning out their old archives. I talked to
the first guy dumping stuff, mentioned the boxes would make great Lionel
train storage boxes, and he agreed. :) I've gotten many boxes of HUGE 4' x 6'
(or larger or smaller) photos, I found one of Woodbridge with my house. Many
are color, some black and white. I've hauled off 3 Toyota truck loads of
these things so far. The green Chevy truck is FILLED up with boxes of aerial
photos! Some of the nicest I have found are a box of Dulles Airport photos,
Monticello in the fall, plus Prince William County. There are ones of
scattered areas around the region in Virginia, as well as some surrounding
states, I haven't even begun to go thru them all. I love maps, and Aerial
pictures are even better! Especially when it's of an area of interest. I hung
one of the Dulles airport shots up at my new "office", we now have 4
buildings we're working out of, and I"m the only one there mostly at #4. It
has all our buildings in the photo in a corner, pretty neat!
If anyone's interested in any of them, let me know. I intend to try to
Ebay a few of them, see what they bring. I'd figure for a picture this size,
$50-100 isn't unreasonable, it'd cost about $400 or more to have an aerial
photographer do one this size for someone personally, so it is a bargain!
I'll probably ask $50 to start, see what happens. Wow, if I can sell these
for a high price, I'll be sitting pretty! LOL. Dream on. Hey, they're free,
so I can't lose anything, right?
Weather report says today may be nice, too ( Saturday ), maybe I can work
on some Gremlins ( and try to start up #9 ). Also got lots of home projects
still underway, need starting/finishing/more progress made, etc. Have a good
one, everyone! AMC ya,
Jerry