Re: [gremlintime] Digest Number 640

On 23 Aug 2002 at 16:31, gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I consider myself to have had the biggest horseshoe shoved up my butt
tonight than anyone in the universe! I may well end up telling
Mildred to keep the deposit as a belated birthday present and forget
about Princess Levi. As for Mr. Mellow, the '73 refurbished Grem
X/304/3speed...Paul R. you still there? The car might be up for
grabs. I will let you know. As for the Gremlin Phoenix (the bird that
rose from the ashes...in this case it was nearly a Grem that went to
ashes) I

- . -

It is tough when YOUR the person doing the shoving as well........!

And it isn't Mildreds' nor the cars mistake / fault or otherwise .

No need to tell Mildred anything - you screwedd up , hairball.......

The Original spring compression clips on the fuel line work quite
well - a mite better than the hose clamp style as they come pre - set
for compression and if they go bad - they crack in half when you go
to reinstall them for the zillionthe time .

There are pliers that are meant for making installation of these
clips
easier and more confidence inspiring . "I'm Sure" that before you
marched out to play 'car dude' you checked what tools you might
encounter on a Fuel System - Right Eienstein ?

Working with another "Professional Mechanic" usually negates alot
of his professionalism - as various tasks are left to the learner -
and outside his perview - No - he isn't the shop teacher -
responsible to check up on the finished task - now he is just
a dude doing some different tasks - that is the bottom line period.

As Far As The Gremlin now being a "Hoochie Coochie - bad luck car" -
If I were standing watching you toast up behind the windshield -
after mis-installing a fuel line - my comment would be "What a Mah-
roon..." .

As it is - the 'Spirit of Gremlin' quit running the engine in time -
and didn't explode in your face .......

And your gratitude is slanderous malcontent displaced -

I'd part you out before I parted the Gremlin - .......

Sounds more like a " Parts are more cash than a whole car "
cartoon sales pitch for the gulliable consumer ......
at least Rooster doesn't put you thru the 'drama'.....
and bust on a Lady with a car to let go ........

IMO.

Brien
1981 AMC
'milners coupe'