AMC Magazine

Ok, call me crazy. The AMC blood is really boiling in my veins and
now that I am pushing 5 Gremmies in less in one year I figure there
has to be something more to this fever than collecting my favourite
car!

One thing I have noticed is that there are one heck of a lot of AMC
enthusiasts out there. There were 5000 page hits alone on the ebay
web for the '73 X that I recently purchased. We even have 150
members at our gremlintime club. Not to mention the number of
aficionados that attend the show at Kenosha!

This may be a half-baked idea but I must let the creative side of me
explore the possibilities, although there may be something like this
out there already. If there is, I hope somebody would be kind enough
to let me know. (as if that would stop me! hehe)

So, it is survey time. How many people here would subscribe to a
real offline magazine dedicated to the AMC enthusiast? A full colour
mag with stories and pics and helpful hints from AMC owners? (ok,
maybe black and white at first) and a classified section chalk full
of parts, services and cars?

This is a dream, but reality is based on dreams. AMC may become just
a footnote in automotive history but it's people like us who preserve
that history. We dedicate time and money to our passion, and often it
is money that we should be probably be spending on other things. But,
hey, we love our AMC's and for us in particular, we LOVE our Gremlins.

So, I am taking that proverbial first step...asking our membership
what they think of this idea and whether there is support for it. If
there is a positive response I would put the same question to other
AMC sites to get feedback.

It has been said many times, if one follows their passion then work
is not work but rather it is a labour of love. I am prepared to put
the time, money and sweat into this venture if there are enough
followers. Besides, I could use a career change!

Freddie

2x '74 Grem X/304
1x '76 Grem X/258
1x '73 Grem X/304/3speed
and forthcoming
Mildred's (and she will always be co-owner) '73 Grem X Levis/232