From: "Karla Dick" <luvdmouse57@xxxx>
To: <gremlintime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 8:11 AM
Subject: [gremlintime] bad news

> Norbert & I were on our way to church Saturday night in Wichita in the
Gremlin. We were about a mile from the church when a lady making a left
turn plowed into our driver's side. The Gremlin is totaled. Norbert has a
broken rib & both of us are a little stiff & sore.

> She hit us at an angle & shoved the drive train out of the transmission.
Broke both leaf springs on the driver's side. The gas tank is crushed.
Flat tire & ruined rim on the rear driver's. Because of the unibody
construction, there are dents on the passenger side.

> The accident was her fault but we're not sure what's going to happen with
the insurance. We have an appraisal saying that the car is worth $3,000
because of being completely restored. We'd like to buy it back because the
interior & rubber seals are worth $1,000. We also have a perfect grill
(sorry guys not for sale. At least at this point.).

> It may be a little premature since we don't know what is going to happen
with the insurance, but we may be looking for another Gremlin. A red
interior would save a lot of work & we would like a v-8. Also a 1970 would
be the Gremlin of choice but we'd take whatever we can find for the right
price. If any one in the KS area knows of one that might fit the bill, let
us know.