Gremlin / Hornet radiators ; small vs. large...shroud or none?

Gremlin / Hornet radiators ; small vs. large...shroud or none?

 My '74 Gremlin ran fine both coming and going to Kenosha, but my friend's
'73 Hornet 4-dr sedan had the little tiny radiator, and it was constantly
running the temp up near the H mark on the trip, so much so we had to stop
every few hours for a break to let his cool down some. He had had a new one
installed, too, and a new thermostat. No fan shroud, though. Did the little
rads have a shroud? My full size radiator does, my car had A/C at one time,
even if it is only an inch or so "thick". LOL. I guess every little bit
helps. Anyway, if anyone else has a small radiator, and lives in a hot area,
and can give me any experiences you have had, please let me know! And would a
160 degree thermostat help at all? Thanks,

Jerry in Virginia