Ah, Kenosha....I loved you , why'd it end so soon?

Ah, Kenosha....I loved you , why'd it end so soon?

 Well, the trip laundry is probably stinking, the car needs to be
unpacked, my bank account is broke, but OMG, was it worth it!!!!!! LOL !! I
just got back Monday morning after a straight 20-hour drive from the AMC
homeland to Virginia, around 800 miles ( took a "shortcut" from the 1200 mile
trip up ), only had to deal with Chicago traffic once. And ONCE was enough!
Yuck! We took I-65 south to Indianapolis after we got out of THAT mess!
Anyway, I want to thank all you Gremlin guys out there ( and girls, too )
who I got a chance to meet in person. It was just stupendous how everyone I
met was so nice and friendly, wish I'd had another couple of days to get to
know you people better ( although I think Gary " The Mix " crammed in all his
stories in 2 hours, LOL! My ears still hurt... >:) ). I didn't even make it
around the bend past the flea market to the north end, I probably missed
quite a few cars ( I missed the concept Gremlin car of Brian Moyers, dammit!
). I saw a couple 2 litre Gremlins heading out after the show, I got no pics
of them. Wanted to see one of those up close! Ah, well, I got pictures of
Gremlins, Gremlin go-karts ( THREE in one place, red, white, and blue of all
colors!), Gremlin guys ( hope my camera still functioned after THAT photo
shoot! ), etc. Whew, it was just a whirlwind day, I look like a deranged
Rudolph the red-nosed AMC owner after 3 days in the Wisconsin sun! The
sunroof '71 Gremlin was awesome to see, makes me wish mine were on the road
now. I didn't see any GT's, did any make it to the show at all????
I"m so glad we all got a chance to meet in one place, I suppose this is
the once-in-a-lifetime show thing that may never have an equal. I hope we can
trade some photos, I am willing to trade if anyone has some good ones and
needs some of mine. I won't be able to afford to process all them yet,
though! LOL. My bank account went negative, my credit card got shut off, I
had to borrow money to get home... but I made it, so back to reality, and go
fix my broken finances quickly before it mushrooms into something REALLY bad!
yikes!
Anyway, thanks for all the great memories, you guys and gals were
terrific, and I won't ever forget this adventure ( until my Alzheimer's kicks
in in a few years, LOL! ) It'll be great remembering fondly all the pluses
and minuses of the trip and show for years to come ( plus, getting my bank
account back up to snuff ).
On the plus side, I did pick up some great Gremlin stuff, found one older
couple selling stuff DIRT cheap, got two nice early Gremlin rear taillight
housings and lenses for $10 each, a pearl dash cluster minus gauges for $12,
some Matador Coupe rear tail lights for $10 each, a 77-78 Gremlin taillight
for $7, etc. Got a broken locking gas cap for $5, another guy had 5 of them
the next day for $12 each, I shoulda got his name and number... I had to hit
the ATM two more times, the last time did me in, ouch! But the PRICES....the
rare stuff....I got a '78 Matador AM/FM/CB radio, I hope it fits the '78 GT
dash, for $25, with the mike, the wiring , I COULDN'T pass it up! I have two
coupes, so I can still use it. LOL. Man, it just wasn't FAIR, so much stuff,
so little money left. Well, there's always the 200th anniversary show....
Take care, take Geritol, and I"ll see ya at the next "BIG ONE"...wherever
that is!

Jerry "back" in Virginia...whew! Long trip!