Yowsers! GT MOVED! Has some serious rust issues though...

Yowsers! GT MOVED! Has some serious rust issues though...

 Well, after having been parked in the same spot for 2 and a half years
now at the house, I finally got some vehicles moved to get it out onto the
asphalt, and get it ready for me to work on finally. I towed it backwards
with the just-fixed Toyota truck,and when I went to hand push it forward, my
hand pushed in the rear metal near the right taillight, and I noticed a crack
about 6 inches across! I noticed then the paint color is off, so it must have
had rust repair before. That rear panel has some major rust, apparently. Oh
well, can't cry over it at the moment. At least the tires have good air, and
I can get started on the carb/gas line repairs it'll need this coming week.
I'll probably have to trade out the tires, they're Firestones, and showing
lots of little cracks, but still have good tread. Will probably pilfer the
good tires and turbine rims off the Pacer wagon for the Kenosha trip, if the
car makes it to that point. Sure would like to drive it, it has A/C, my gold
Gremlin doesn't! THAT will be a hot trip, if it comes to that. Only two weeks
left for me to get it repaired, inspected, and driveable. I"m keeping my
fngers crossed! Well, time to turn in the Toyota starter for my core refund,
I'll need EVERY dollar I can muster between now and then, my Toyota just ate
up about $600 worth of repairs in the last two weeks, ouch! Still, cheaper
than a car payment. Just hope the motor and tranny hold up for many more
miles. I'll keep ya'll up to date on the GT's progress, as it inches towards
being driveable again. Later,

Jerry in Virginia