Re:'77 4-cyl. Audi motor, parts, etc....David Pershing parting engine...

Re:'77 4-cyl. Audi motor, parts, etc....David Pershing parting engine....

 Hey, David Pershing...I assume you are going to rebuild the Gremlin with
a bigger engine, since you said you were scrapping the motor, and not the
car? I should warn you....the parts listed for the 4-cylinder Gremlins are
different than the 6 or 8-cylinder, INCLUDING the front suspension...the
engine crossmember has a different part number, the brakes are smaller, etc.
If you are going to put a bigger motor in there, you may have to totally rip
out the suspension and put in a 6 cylinder setup at the least. If you ARE
going that far, I'd be interested in the crossmember, just for yucks, as I"m
curious as to the differences between it and the straight 6 unit and V-8.
What state are you in? I'd like to have an engine like that, just to compare
( in the future ) to a Porsche motor, I heard they're pretty much the same.
What about the transmission bellhousing? I'm just " window shopping" at the
moment, don't really need the stuff, but am interested in them nonetheless,
as I've never seen one of those setups in a Gremlin. Thanks,

Jerry in Virginia ( with seven Gremlins )