Re: [gremlintime] Grem fever

I want Princess. Question is just when I can get her. I can't get holidays
until September and just as well coz it is terribly hot and humid in the
summer in your neck of the woods. I have a friend in Williamsburg,
Virginia, and she would have my hide if I were that far east and didn't go
to visit! *L* I could stop by to see Jerry, too.

Would you be willing to accept a deposit, complete with two copies of a
standard sales agreement ? (customs at the border like that kind of thing
when they ask me about the purpose of my trip, the border being as tight is
it is these days).

I have no apprehensions, whatsover. Just feels right. I know you from
gremlintime; you've owned her 20 years and maintained her when she wasn't
licensed. I talk to my gremlins...the DO have souls...and I can somehow
sense Princess's soul from the photos.

My blue gremmie I bought from a woman about 50 miles from here. I saw an ad
online at an amc site. She wanted it to go to a good home because she knew
it could be make grand again with a little work. There was a drag racer in
Washington state who wanted it, but it would have meant cutting parts out,
and she could not stand to see that happen.
Oddly enough, the Black Gremmie, the one with only 6959 miles on it, came to
me in a similar fashion. I had placed an ad looking for a Gremlin at that
same site and he saw it and emailed me. He wasn't sure why he did that
because he hadn't planned to sell the car. t was an impulsive act. He too,
is a drag racer and was thinking about doing the unthinkable!! cutting and
welding and parting the car out! He had lost is passion for the car and
simply wanted a good car to convert this time, instead of one that needed
body work etc. I know he regrets having sold it to me for as little as he
did. The car was stored 24 years and is worth much more.

Gremlin is in my blood. My first one was new in 1974. She was an X...red
with black trim and black and red seats, 3 speed, 258 six, had air
conditioning too! I have pics but not scanned yet...intend to post them at
gremlintime. I have Gremlin magazine ads, a new gas cap with the gremlin
on it, a gremlin rubber stamp, key fobs and last but not least, a red
plastic 1973 toy gremlin which I have had since 1974 after I got my
gremmie...about 8 inches long and 4 inches high....I like other AMC's too,
but Gremmie's are first! *LOL*

She would have a good home here. In fact, since she is roadworthy, she will
likely get "skin treatment" before my blue Gremmie gets her engine put back
together. The Black one of course is a show car only.

Let me know what you think. I could phone you and talk about it if you
wish...

Freddie