Color of Levi's Denim?

Can anyone here who was there, back in the good old days, tell me what color the
Levi's nylon/denim in the Gremlins started out as. The intact material in my back
seat is a dark blue, and the pic in the 73 catalog looks like dark blue material.
Yet a local upholstery shop has some material that they claimed to be correct, just
used on a Jeep, but it was light blue. I'd like to just use thier material, it would
make things easier for me (got to get ready for Kenosha) but I want it to be correct.