Looking at adopting my 3rd GremlinX

As soon as I saw the ad in the buy&sell classifieds I was hooked. A '74 Gremlin with 40,000 miles on rebuilt 258, needed some body work, tires and interior in good condition. So, I got off work at 7 am today to begin my 55 commute home. To call and view the Gremmie or not to view! That was THE question! But of course, there is no such question when Gremmie blood is flowing in one's veins.
I got off the freeway and made a b-line for the nearest pay phone. It was 5 minutes of 8...kinda early perhaps. I woman answered the phone and she put me on to her teen-age son, who is the owner of the car. In a sleepy voice, he said "yeah, you can come see it but I am on my way to school." Not a problem. I got their address and was there in 5 minutes. He and his mom came out, chatted a couple of minutes, then she drove him off to school. I watched them out of the corner of my eye, while I was giving Emerald a going over.
She is an X and a 4.2, with spic and span wheels complete with spotless beauty rings. She has rust in the rear quarters, bad enough to need new pieces welded in. Some rust in the rockers, too. She has gold trim. A rust hole in the top of her left fender. Bumpers are near new in appearance. Under the hood looks good, freshly painted. Rad was dry. Windshield is cracked. First time I have ever seen a car with two automatic transmission shifters! one on the tree and a console. I guess the console is the one that is linked up. Driver's side panel is missing. Rear view mirror, in poor shape, was off and on the back seat...the white seat in excellent shape though. Driver's seat ripped. Passenger seat has been replaced but not gremmie style upholstery. Storage tray is missing. Dome light cover and light switch are invisible too.
There was paper work in the back seat, including the transfer of ownership documents with the price he paid for it in January :-))))
equivalent of $500 US. The kid is asking $1300. Now bear in mind, his father had gotten it for him to tinker with but turns out the kid hasn't any patience and has some debts to pay.
In my view he is asking too much for it. I only paid $425 for my blue '74 X 304 and she is in better shape overall, expecially the interior...not counting the fact I am having her engine rebuilt :-) And I paid $2300 for the famous Black Beauty time capsule grem...my '74 X (price without the powertrain) which has only 6959 miles on the vehicle. Another question is, do I need another gremlin???? Hell, yes! *LOL*...I am sure Jerry would agree! Gotta save that car...coz I know if I buy it, it will never be parted out, and she will be taken care of, and not run into the ground (or into to a telephone pole) by another teenager.
But, but, but, any money I have in my Gremlin budget is supposed to go to rebuild that 304 for my blue bird. She been waiting since the Fall.
Yet another question is, and I put this out to you Gremmie lovers, is how much would you offer the kid for Emerald? It does have the rebuilt 258 but the car will still need some work (like finding a new steering column). I dunno, I am gremlin crazed, got the fever, riding on emotion...maybe ought to call the guys in the white coats! *L*
Any opinions from any of you would be deeply appreciated!

Freddie
2 x '74 GremX 304